WHAT IS THE TEA BLENDER COURSE?
This is an international-level training, aimed at entrepreneurs who wish to create their own tea brand, and at tea lovers who for pleasure want to specialise in the design and production of tea blends (mixes of tea) and infusions, by learning about the art, the techniques, and the secrets of this hidden and fascinating profession. This is a technical and professional training that consists of theoretical and practical lessons. This course is unique in the world.
Lessons are given by Victoria Bisogno, engineer, consultant, tea blender of the industry, and the author of the books “The Alchemy of Tea” and “Tea Sommelier Handbook”. Moreover, Victoria was nominated for “Best Tea Educator” category in 2015 and 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS.
This is an intense in person training, which is given in Buenos Aires, Madrid, and Barcelona. We deliver this course in English and Spanish.
During this course, students have access to a large variety of single origin teas, dried ingredients, and essences to make mixes while practicing, as well as to specific packaging, utensils, and machinery. Once the course finishes, students participate in the Tea Blending Championship for THE INSPIRATION and BEST TEA BLEND OF THE YEAR awards.
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
March 19, 2018
Length: 1 week
Mon to Fri: 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Sat. all day.
Leon Pagano 2653, piso 1 – Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
May 14, 2018
Length: 1 week
Mon to Fri: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Sat. all day.
Tea Shop Gran de Gracia
Carrer Gran de Gracia, 91 – Barcelona, España
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
– Introduction to tea blending – Origin
– Classical and contemporary tea blends – Types of blends
– Requirements for tea blending
– Ingredients – Regulatory framework
– Recommended and non-recommended ingredients for tea blending
– Tea – Introduction – Origins– Producing countries – Plantations
– Sensory profile – Cupping notes
– Fruits, flowers, spices, and herbs used for tea blending
– Aromatizers and flavourings – Usage of solid and liquid essences
– Quality of ingredients
– Blending prerequisites
– Necessary equipment to make tea blends – Specific machinery
– Good manufacturing and hygienic practices
– Blending techniques
– Continuous improvement – Traceability – Control points
– Formula registration – Expiration date
– Care after blending preparation
– Requirements for selling – Labelling – Records – Permissions
– How to buy supplies for tea blending
– Recommended suppliers – Usage of product catalogues
– The 10 Golden Rules of tea blending
– Quality – Identification of defects – Quality assessment of the final product
Each student receives the tea blending book “The Alchemy of Tea” by Victoria Bisogno as part of the educational materials.
WHY CHOOSE THE TEA CLUB?
- Because it has the best team of educators* worldwide: Jane Pettigrew, Academic Director of The Club, wrote more than a dozen of books on tea, which were translated into various languages. She gives master classes in the United Kingdom and was named “Best Tea Educator” in 2014 WORLD TEA AWARDS. Besides, she lectures at the World Tea Expo and other international conferences. Victoria Bisogno, Founder and President of The Club, is the author of the books “Tea Sommelier Handbook”, which was edited in Spanish, English, Italian, and Portuguese, and “The Alchemy of Tea”, edited in Spanish, English and Korean. Victoria also lectures at the World Tea Expo, founded Charming Blends, and was nominated for “Best Tea Educator” category in 2015 and 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS. Kenny Vega is a Certified Tea Sommelier and the Founder of Punto de Té and online.
- It transcends borders and goes all over the world: More than 1100 students from Europe, Latin America, the United States, and Asia have taken the courses of The Tea Club and have confirmed their quality.
- This is the organisation that has created more entrepreneurs** in America and Europe. In the last years, more than 130 tea enterprises have been created, founded by graduated students from The Tea Club.
- This is the only organisation that has specialised books written by its team of educators: Victoria Bisogno and Jane Pettigrew.
*2014, 2015 & 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS.
** Companies of our students