WHAT IS THE INTRODUCTION TO TEA COURSE?
The introduction to tea course is the first step for those tea lovers who wish to explore the culture of this ancient infusion that comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. This is a theoretical-practical tea course where the main technical and cultural aspects of this beverage are explained, such as its history, the correct way of brewing it, as well as its properties for both the body and the spirit.
During three intense hours, the course provides the necessary knowledge to have a first approach to the world of tea. Lose yourself in the magic!
UPCOMING INTRODUCTION COURSES
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
- What is tea?
- Tea history in brief
- Camellia sinensis: the tea plant
- Tea and other infusions
- Loose leaf tea and teabags
- Single origin teas and blends
- Tea varietals
- Producing countries, tea plantations in the world
- How to make tea: knowledge and practice
- The main chemicals in tea
- Tea properties for health
THE COURSE INCLUDES
Theoretical lessons, an audiovisual presentation, a cupping of different types of loose leaf teas, a tea break and practice in groups.
WHY CHOOSE THE TEA CLUB?
- Because it has the best team of educators* worldwide: Victoria Bisogno, Founder and President of The Club, is the author of the books “Tea Sommelier Handbook”, which was edited in Spanish, English, Italian, and Portuguese, and “The Alchemy of Tea”, edited in Spanish, English and Korean. Victoria also lectures at the World Tea Expo, founded Charming Blends, and was nominated for “Best Tea Educator” category in 2015 and 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS. Kenny Vega is a Certified Tea Sommelier and the Founder of Punto de Té and online.
- It transcends borders and goes all over the world: More than 1100 students from Europe, Latin America, the United States, and Asia have taken the courses of The Tea Club and have confirmed their quality.
- This is the organisation that has created more entrepreneurs** in America and Europe. In the last years, more than 130 tea enterprises have been created, founded by graduated students from The Tea Club.
- This is the only organisation that has specialised books written by its team of educators.
*2014, 2015 & 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS.
** Companies of our students