WHAT IS THE TEA SOMMELIER COURSE?
This is an international certification course for tea lovers, entrepreneurs, and professionals who wish to learn and specialise in the different technical and cultural aspects of this ancient beverage professionally or for pleasure.
Lessons are given by Eng. Victoria Bisogno, consultant, tea blender of the industry, and the author of the books “The Alchemy of Tea” and “Tea Sommelier Handbook”. Moreover, Victoria is one of the best tea educators of the world; in fact, she was nominated to “Best Tea Educator” category in 2015 and 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS. Other educators, such as Martín Frangioli, and Kenny Vega, are also part of the education team of The Tea Club (El Club del Té).
The same course is given in person in Buenos Aires, Barcelona, and Madrid, and online for the rest of the world, both in Spanish and English.
The ONLINE course is entirely live (this is not a recorded course), where students from the entire world interact with each other and with teachers in real time through our videoconference system…
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
March 14, 2020
7 consecutive Saturdays
Saturdays 10:00 am to 13:00 pm
Leon Pagano 2653, piso 1 – Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
– Introduction. Functions of the Tea Sommelier
– History. The ancient tea road
– Tea plant cultivation. Types of harvesting. Plantations
– Producing regions: China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, and others
– Terroir. Altitude teas and plateau teas
– Service. How to make tea. Quantity of tea. Quality of water. Pairing
– Technical concepts. Tea grades
– Sensory evaluation of tea
– Tea cupping technique. Practice
– Manufacture processes: white tea, green tea, yellow tea, black tea, oolong (blue) teas, and dark teas
– Properties of tea
– Tea enterprises: commercialization
– The tea market. Evaluation of suppliers. Recommended suppliers
– Certifications. Controlled denomination of origin
– Traditional ceremonies
– Tea etiquette and protocol
WHAT IS A TEA SOMMELIER?
A Tea Sommelier is a person who loves tea and feels passion for this beverage. This person has acquired the necessary knowledge and experience as to cuppings, ceremonies, the protocol while seated at the table, the service, and tea culture so that others can live the experience of enjoying tea with a professional view. If you want to discover the sensations that tea generates in a professional manner, and transmit your passion to others, this is the road you should choose.
Each student receives a professional cupping kit to practice both during and after the lessons, which consists of a selection of the best tea varieties and all necessary utensils to complete the exercises. Besides, each student receives the book “Tea Sommelier Handbook” by Victoria Bisogno.
WHY CHOOSE THE TEA CLUB?
- Because it has the best team of educators* worldwide: Victoria Bisogno, Founder and President of The Club, is the author of the books “Tea Sommelier Handbook”, which was edited in Spanish, English, Italian, and Portuguese, and “The Alchemy of Tea”, edited in Spanish, English and Korean. Victoria also lectures at the World Tea Expo, founded Charming Blends, and was nominated for “Best Tea Educator” category in 2015 and 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS. Kenny Vega is a Certified Tea Sommelier and the Founder of Punto de Té and online.
- It transcends borders and goes all over the world: More than 1100 students from Europe, Latin America, the United States, and Asia have taken the courses of The Tea Club and have confirmed their quality.
- This is the organisation that has created more entrepreneurs** in America and Europe. In the last years, more than 130 tea enterprises have been created, founded by graduated students from The Tea Club.
- This is the only organisation that has specialised books written by its team of educators.
*2014, 2015 & 2016 WORLD TEA AWARDS.
** Companies of our students